Savage MKII stock replacement

Alfred Crouch

I am getting a Savage MKII for my grandkid to use. I want to replace the stock with a synthetic one so I can cut it off to fit his short arms. I can later put the factory stock back on when he grows and he can continue using the gun. Where should I look for a replacement stock? Thanks for your input. Al C

Last edited:
I'd cut the wood stock, drill the screw holes pretty deep with a small bit, then cut the stock off in 1/4-1/2 increments, then as he grows put a piece back on, so on and so on, when he's ready for a full sized stock get one from boyds. the barracda, or the ross thumbhole.
RR

I am getting a Savage MKII for my grandkid to use. I want to replace the stock with a synthetic one so I can cut it off to fit his short arms. I can later put the factory stock back on when he grows and he can continue using the gun. Where should I look for a replacement stock? Thanks for your input. Al C

I hate to say it but Ebay has the best deals. I recently got a pepper laminate for $40.

SavageShooters.com would be a good place too, if you are a paid member.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.