Savage Long Range Hunter 6.5x284

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by Angus, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Angus

Angus Member

After the scope mounting problems at the store I got my 6.5x284 sighted in. It shoots really well. I am very pleased. It will out shoot me for sure. I was getting clover leaves at 100 yards. Though my Tikka .300 Win Mag will shoot with it and it was cheaper, but still really happy.

2. eric2381

eric2381 Well-Known Member

A friend of mine has the same rifle. It shoots great! I am tempted to get one too.

3. Angus

Angus Member

I am really impressed with mine. As I said, I decided to have the scope mounted when I bought it and they did it all wrong. Once that was corrected I am really happy. I think you would like it.

4. eric2381

eric2381 Well-Known Member

I have had a model 12 benchrest in 6.5x284 for more than a year now. I haven't shot it once yet. No time and I was gathering components.

I'm not a big fan of the muzzle brake on the lrh. I may get a Stevens 200 LA and rebarrel it myself with a Shilen select match prechambered and put a different stock on it.

5. cross

cross Well-Known Member

I would rather let any member of this website mount my riflescopes than the guys at the gunstores. They usually don't know what they're doing, are in a hurry, and don't give a rat's rear about it. My rifles are objects of passion with me. If you don't share in that passion keep your hands off my rifle!