• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Savage large shank barrel trade!

Its only light

I have savage 12 FT/R in 308. I'm looking to trade the barrel for a savage 30in barrel off of the target action series in either 6mmbr or 6.5x284. Mine is the first generation of these that was made so it has a 30in 1-10 twist 1 inch diameter barrel. Even tho it was made in 2007 I bought it brand new in 2010 and have only put about 250 rounds through it so it's still relatively new. Let me know what you have if you are interested. I may consider other calibers or used custom barrels as long as it will fit my action.

P.S. if you have a barrel to trade and brass and dies to go with it I would be willing to throw in my brass and dies so we are both ready to go when the barrels come.

Anybody have a savage drop in barrel with a large shank? Just want something different to shoot so pm me with trade offers and specifics. This is a sweet shooting barrel I just want a different cartridge to play with. Maybe something a little faster for my prairie dog trips!

I would also consider selling the barrel along with the brass and bullets dies and Hornady oal modified case. I will get an exact count of the brass and bullets and post today sometime. The bullets are 175gr Sierra matchkings. Reasonable offers will be considered.

I have an unfired 270WSM Savage 26inch large shank SS fluted varmint weight barrel for sale $175. I like to trade, but I don't want a 308 barrel.
Regards, Mark

Last edited:
What cartridge is your barrel chambered for? What did that come off of if,you don't mind me asking? Just curious it has no bearing on whether I buy.

I actually did I just wanted to make sure my ESP wasn't getting rusty so I asked you. Hmm I will look into this cartridge and get back to you. I wish it was a 300wsm but I haven't paid much attention to any of the 270 cartridges let me think about that here for a bit. What are the bc's like for the 270 bullets?

There are some very good 270 bullets on the market, just not as many choices as 7mm or 30cal. Berger has a new one in 160gr that could be "the one"for long range hunting.
I shoot a 270Win with 140gr Nosler out to 600+ on deer and antelope.
The story on this barrel I'm selling is: The guy sent his rifle to Savage for them to install this barrel. It took so long that he bought something else and when he received his rifle back the barrel was removed unfired, I bought it because I love 270 but just never got around to using it.

I think that's the barrel I have. It a 30in 1 inch muzzle. Mine is a 10 twist because it came off the first run of ftr's. They have since switched to the 12 twist which I'm guessing yours is.