• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Savage LA , Blue printed , Parkerized

James Jones

This action has been blue printed including the bolt head which is a standard 30-06 size case head , the entire action , barrel nut and bolt handel have been parkerized with Maganese phosphate which is the most durable and darker parkerizing. The bolt handel has had a custom aluminum bolt handel put on it , the aluminum is painted black because it doesen't parkerize the bolt itself and bolt head are still silver , the scope base holes have been opened up to 8-40 and I'll include some long screws.

asking $300 , the price includes the action ,factory trigger , mag box , follower and barrel nut and shipping.

Last edited:
Price dropped to $250 shipped , its gotta go so I can order my new action

Last edited:
James

large shank or small?

I am looking for a savage action to build a RUM/WSM on. Understand they recommend the large shank.

If I can build a WSM/RUM on it, will take it if same deal as the stock on payment.

Too bad it will not fit in the stock.

BH

Last edited:
This action is the small shank and the threads are still standard Savage they haven't been recut.

I know that Savage actions can be used to build RUM's but I can't say exactly whats involved in making it work (never done it)

I have seen some small shank Savages built to RUM's and still use the barrel nut but I know thats not the best idea.

their are a couple other guys that responded first but if that falls through and you still want it BH , its yours.