savage help

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by hellbound, Sep 5, 2011.

1. hellbound

hellbound Member

building a 111 LONG action in 300 win mag. it came with detachable box mag . can not find anything readily available for it( needed now) . also ammo i want to use is 3.53 COAL and looks like it will be super tight in mag. how can i convert and to what, so i can buy a better stock and use the ammo i want ?? HELP!!!!!

2. KRP

KRP Well-Known Member

Modify a blind mag or run it single shot if OAL is a problem. What can't you find?

3. hellbound

hellbound Member

cant find a drop in aftermarket stock for long action and dbm available(ex: bell and carlson or similar) . then realized ammo will be tight in mag. so i need to convert to diffferent mag style which lots of stocks for blind or internal mag are easily found. help !! i need some technical advice so i can switch, and soon!!

4. geargrinder

geargrinder Well-Known Member

IIRC, CDI makes a bottom metal that uses AICS 300win magazines that will allow 3.6". But, something will have to change on your action. The magazine opening is only 3.5".

Last edited: Sep 5, 2011
  5. liltank

liltank Well-Known Member

Check out Stockade stocks. McMillian, H-S will make and have long action available I believe for Savage. CDI is a good suggestion. Stockade Stocks also make their own bottom metal that might oblige. That is the only problem with Savage. They have a very limited market for LA stocks. They are out there.

Tank

6. WildRose

WildRose Well-Known Member