savage guys ammo survey

gremcat

Ok guys I'm taking a poll. savage .223 ammo which groupsunder moa ?I like federal match grade 69bthp I want to try these in b hills and hunting shack variety .The gun hates b hills 68 gr bthp not sure why?anyone else see this it groups the federals into .6 or less not all the time but most of that is me

Ok guys I'm taking a poll. savage .223 ammo which groupsunder moa ?I like federal match grade 69bthp I want to try these in b hills and hunting shack variety .The gun hates b hills 68 gr bthp not sure why?anyone else see this it groups the federals into .6 or less not all the time but most of that is me
All I can say is I saw a lady shoot the Fed 69smk ammo and win a factory rifle class at 200yds. It came to a shoot off and the targets were 58cal paintballs. My 223 likes the 69smk bullet as well but I'm handloading.

Well in my Bushmaster Special Varminter...

It loves the Federal Gold Medal 69gr SMK (just over .5 moa).

Likes the Black Hills 69gr and Hornady 75gr BTHP (just over .75 moa).

HATES the Black Hills 68gr (over 1.5").

Good luck.
Try them all and remember: The worst day at the range is better than the best day at the office.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.