Savage fcp-k le 300wm

isu600rr

I have been looking into getting into long range , well i have a budget and i think i have found a rifle that i like with good power.. its the Savage 110 FCP-K LE .300 win mag i was wondering if any one has any experience with this rifle . i saw a post aobut the 308 on the High Road but it was just about the rifle not the accuracygun) . Soo please some help!

I just started a new thread on this rifle 10 min ago. I purchased this gun and a millet lrs-1 scope from swfa. i use a bipod and bags on the rear. I hand loaded to get less than a half inch at 100yrds. A guy i work with shoots the same gun with fed gold medal match 190s and gets 3 inch groups at 500yrds. I feel the gun is excellent. my 2cents

I don't have the same rifle but I do have a savage 300 win and it will shoot. My paper load is 75.5 gr H-1000 and 208 gr AMAX and my hunting load is 76.3 gr of H-1000 and a 210 Berger VLD. I have an aftermarket trigger and a Leupold custom shop Mark IV 4.5 X 14 X 40. It is scary accurate. It will shoot any 180 well with RE-22 but the accuracy with the AMAX's and the Bergers is scary. I neck size with a Lee collet die and bump the shoulder back w/ a Redding body die when it needs it. I seat with a Redding Comp. seater. I use annealed R-P brass for punching paper and RWS brass for hunting. Good Luck

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.