Savage DBM Longer than 3.5"?

redneckclimbing

Anyone know if there is a DBM for a Savage out there that is longer than the stock 3.5"? I want to rebarrell my 7mm RM to 300 RUM or 338 Edge. I wanted a DBM set-up, is it possible to machine out the magazine cut-out and fit something bigger in there?

Another question, It is currently the small tenon size. Should I thread this out to the large size or will it be OK with a Palma contour barrel fitted rem-style (plenty of steel throught the chamber)? I was going to run a barrel block set-up as well so it will be fitted rem-style anyways.

If you have any insight let me know, I would sure appreciate it.

Travis

Well-

I just talked to Gary at Accurate-Mag Products and he said that they had a set up for the Savage that would allow a 3.79" COAL. The magazine cut-out would have to be opened up. Has anyone used this set-up with a RUM cartridge. Also, did you use the Lapua or WM magazines and then adjust the feed lips form there?

Thanks,

Travis

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.