Savage - Customer Service

Just ask to speak with my old buddy Ron Coburn (I met him once):D He's really a good guy and will answer all your questions...but he will not start making those fine Savage pistols again.:(

Now we need the Savage Custom shop to stop refusing to deal with Canadians.. It seems every other custom gun maker can send rifles to Canada except Savage.. so no more Savage rifles for me for a awhile.

I'll buy the big green for now.

How ever Savage was very friendly and they have gone out of their way to help before but just won't send a custom shop gun to Canada.

I had a savage .308 that was grouping very poorly. They agreed it was a defective rifle and swiftly sent me a brand new one as a replacement. You cannot beat that customer service! Thanks Savage.

It's here!

Rifle arrived right on schedule and looks great. Can't wait to get the nightforce on her and get to the range. Too bad I'll be stuck in the communist state of Chicago all week! More to come once I get the rifle to the range. By the way, I order an F-class 6.5-284 but with the stock that comes standard on their .308 rifle.

Joe came through as a first class guy. Savage has re-gained my confidence!

Thanks Joe!

Savage

Friend of mine about three years ago bought a 270WSM Savage after I had told him how good I had seen Savages shoot at the range. The gun he got had several case heads seperate the first time to the range. He took the rifle to a gunsmith and it chambered on the no go gauge. He returned the rifle to Savage and they sent him a new one over night. When he got the new rifle it had no bolt! He send it back overnight and they sent him a new one again over night. The new gun shot 4-5 inch groups at 100yds with box ammo. He called savage and they implicated the scope which was a Ziess Conquest 3-9 which have been used on a good rifle prior. Savage told him they would give him his money back if they could not get the gun to shoot better than 2" groups upon return. To make a long story short, they sent him a check in the mail. My friend to this day says great service but terrible gun,

Lance

it is so cool to hear about companies of any sort that really go out of their way to have good customer service!

Savage 223 Predator, out of the box testing loads at 100 yds. Wind was light to 5 mph L to R. They really can shoot!!!! Found my recipe on 2nd load tried.

223testgroup.jpg

Joe,

Thanks very much for your response. You are the person I have been hoping to talk to although I did not have a name. I left you a voicemail and look forward to speaking with you.

Brian Holt

You will hear back from Joe. He always calls me back the very same day and is very eager to help. Be patient......Doug

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.