Savage customer service

mnhntr

Anyone ever dealt with them? What was your experience? I am wondering while my rifle goes back to the factory to be fixed.

Savage forgot to install the ejector in my 220 20 gas rifled barrel slug gun. I called them on the phone to discuss it with them and they sent me one in the mail within 1 week, no questions asked.

Its a fairly big company with the usual delays trying to work through the switchboard, but compared to S&W/TC who basically told me that my Icon is obsolete and out of warranty and not to bother them with requests for spares (nor even send it in to be worked on !), Savage is looking pretty good so far.

Thanks that is encouraging. My experience with gun companies CS is limited thankfully. I had great service from STI and Ruger. I know from working at a big box store gun dealer for a short time that Taurus is the worst. My first Savage was a special order that took almost a year but after shooting it I coulda cared less.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.