• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Savage CBI 300 Win Mag barrel ***SPF

jkrueger

Large/target shank CBI savage barrel
300 Win Mag
Match chamber
Stainless
10 twist
30 inch
full bull contour
recessed target crown
99 documented rounds through it
$265 shipped

Re: Savage CBI 300 Win Mag barrel

Lots of inquiries on trades. partial list of what I am looking for, also have 20 pieces of RWS brass and some other headstamped stuff I can add for to trade.

Seekins SP223 Billet lower

16" melonite 300 BLK barrel

WOA or Pac Nor 20 Practical AR barrel 20-24"

Redding FL type S 223 die

AA1680 (if local)

4-16 viper scope (HS, HSLR, HST)

Hello: I have some questions about the match chamber. How much difference is there if any to the Sami specs are you talking about? Neck tolerances, bullet specs, (ie) designed for what specific size bullet, 190g bthp- 208g bthp- 210g bthp ? I am interested but unsure about getting in over my head with something I know little about.

Not a SAAMI reamer, it was a match reamer at specs from Jim Briggs at Northland. It was throated for a big Sierra Matchking I don't recall if it was a 190 or 210gr.
My notes show that the lands start around 2.780" so there is around .160" of freebore. with a 208 A-max the cartridge length is 3.62", and a fired case has a neck diameter of .335"

Would you do me a favor and send me an email address with which I could converse with you about this barrel and its particulars. Thanks Wayne Holmes ([email protected])

Did not have a lot of group information in my notes, but it seems .75-.80 @100 was the norm with 208gr A-max
With Berger 215 hybrids I recorded 5 shot groups of .460 .495 and .565

Last edited:

Those were my only recorded groups, not the best ones.
last drop $225 plus $10 for shipping in the lower 48