Savage Arms

Now I'll have to read threads on bringing back the Savage 99 on all the forums for the next six months lol

I hear ya! I have a 99, I appreciate it, but I don't actually get the desire of many to see it reintroduced. It's a classic, just leave it alone! Besides, it'd be pricey now. This is the same reason I have no desire to see to live action Lion King movie...the original was my favourite movie as a kid...it's a classic, leave it alone!

Looks like they capitulated to the leftists who boycotted them...like REI who has announced they will do business with them now that they have taken steps to curb gun violence by selling Savage.

Simpletons. I'm boycotting REI and thus Vista Outdoors (who has taken thousands of my hard earned dollars over the years and will not receive a penny now).

I think that you will see that it will be business as usual, and you will also see that the firearms offered by Savage will expand in type and form. The company was "purchased" by Long Range Acquisition LLC, which is an investment group. This investment group includes investors like Al Kasper...who just happens to be the current president and CEO of Savage.

I wouldn't worry about Savage. They're better off now than they were. They have the people who have been running the day to day activity also holding the purse strings now. Hopefully they know how to run a business and everything will be just fine.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.