Savage Actions with AccuTrigger?

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by 7mm Eclipse, Mar 11, 2009.

1. 7mm Eclipse

7mm Eclipse Well-Known Member

Anyone build a LRH magnum using the actions that Savage Sells?

2. MachV

MachV Well-Known Member

Nope! If I'm gonna use a Savage action for a build its gotta be cheap/used. Besides the stock options for the old stagard actions is a lot better! The accutrigger may be a good factory trigger (I dont personaly like it) but most standard triggers can be made to work and a SSS trigger works great.
    Should update pic to include a longrange 6br and 30-06:D

[​IMG]

3. zuba

zuba Well-Known Member

I used a undesignated Target Action with the target Accutrigger to piece together a pistol. Its in 7wsm... I've heard of other people chambering them in 338 edge.

4. txlongrange

txlongrange Well-Known Member

Yes they have.

Check out AJ Peacock's Savage 338 Edge.

KRP also has an Edge built off of a Savage action........and I believe Earl Fouraker has a 7 RUM.

TXLR

5. txlongrange

txlongrange Well-Known Member

Zuba.....you beat me. We must have been typing at almost the same time....lol.

TXLR

6. KRP

KRP Well-Known Member

Mine doesn't have an Accutrigger though.:D

7. jcoop

jcoop Well-Known Member

I have a 25/06 I have been able to take squirrels out to 650 with, a 300RUM and a 243 I am currently building a with one of the right bolt left port actions.
    And a 300wsm I was able to take my deer with last year at 737yrds. After building my first savage and looking at the simplicity of its design I have sold my 3 remingtons and replaced them with savages. I have also converted most of my buddies, now in our group we have 11 different savages and all are capable of 3/4moa or less, most quite a bit less.
    Oh yea they all currently have accutriggers tuned down to less than a pound.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2009
  8. geargrinder

geargrinder Well-Known Member

I've taken my 112FLVSS 300win way past 1K without accutrigger.