Savage Action

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by patkinson, Jul 29, 2008.

1. patkinson

patkinson Member

Does anyone know where I can purchase a Savage 12 FV Action in blue or stainless?(action only) I have written Savage, but I haven't gotten a response back yet. Any help would be appreciated.

2. KRP

KRP Well-Known Member

Savage sells the SS short actions by themselves, any FFL should be able to order you one. It may be cheaper to buy a complete rifle and sell the unused parts.

3. winmagman

winmagman Well-Known Member

You can try Jim Briggs at Northland Shooters Supply. I've done business there a few times and have always been happy with the results. Here is his email briggs.j-b@comcast.net

Chris

4. Ksmirk

Ksmirk Well-Known Member

Northlanders or just hit the pawn shops, I just found a mod 11 for $275 granted it took a couple of months to find but it's going go from a 243 to 308 in about a month :D I have seen several rifles built using the Stevens 200 action and if Jim still has any they can be had pretty resonable put a good trigger on it and your done and for the most part have the Savage action! that Accu-Trigger is good but one of the SSS or Rifle Basic triggers will make you much more happy. Later,

Kirk

5. savparts

savparts Member

Savage Arms, doesn't sell actions, however, if you find a used firearm at a gun show, strip it, sell off what you do not want, you will have the action at a reduces price.

6. KRP

KRP Well-Known Member

They certainly do sell actions.

Savage Arms Target Actions