Savage AccuTrigger

My BVSS came with a trigger adjusted as light as it would go. Still was very heavy. I cut the trigger return spring so it just touched the receiver when cocked. Made a big difference and still functions correctly. I weighed the center trigger "thingy" (sorry if I got too technical!) and it was adding over a pound of trigger weight so I did the same thing to it. Made a world of difference and works great. It is set at about 1.25 pounds.

Bill Bailey

+4 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I got 4 rifles with the accu-trigger and like'um. The false trigger doesnt bother me at all as well but I can see why some dont like it.

52449 WOW! How heavy was your trigger on your BVSS I got a 30-06 and that trigger is just over 1 lb. and breaks real nice. Glad to hear you got it to work for you though. In fact I worked up loads for it today and shot a .171" and .235" 3 shot group looks promising.

Aloha!!

[ QUOTE ]
How much did you cut off the "thingy" spring?

[/ QUOTE ]

I cut it just long enough so it returns the "thingy" to its extended position. It just barely touches. I did it in steps, a little at a time. I might of had it out three times cutting a little off each time.

[ QUOTE ]
Bill Bailey

52449 WOW! How heavy was your trigger on your BVSS I got a 30-06 and that trigger is just over 1 lb. and breaks real nice. Glad to hear you got it to work for you though. In fact I worked up loads for it today and shot a .171" and .235" 3 shot group looks promising.

Aloha!!

[/ QUOTE ]

It was heavy enough to get you out of breath waiting for it to break! It's good now. I like it but ave considered a sharp shooter or rifle basix.

I have been polishing the sear and trigger and getting very big improvments on every accu trigger i have worked on. Most equal or are better than a sss trigger. I have one that is around six ounces. GUESS that one was timed perfect from the factory. i love the accu triggers and for $250 a very accurate action with a good trigger whats not to love

Yup know what you mean buddy that dont cut it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I was looking at a sharp shooter trigger as well for another savage I have. May wanna ask Kirby about the rifle basix though I think he might have had some problems dont know exactly what though.

Goodluck and Great Shooting!!!

wildcat338 & 52449

I've got 2 rifles with SSS triggers in them and 1 rifle & 1 pistol(striker) with the Rifle Basix trigger in them. I'd be hard pressed to recommend one over the other, both are a pleasure to shoot with, although the one in the stiker has only been dry fired a few time to set up, still waiting on some parts. I don't own anything with the Accu trigger in it so I can't compare the after markets to it, but I don't think you'll regret getting either the RB or the SSS.

Chris

winmagman

Thanks for the info come to think of it I do believe that the 6br I bought from 308nate has a SSS trigger in it and its GREAT!!! No experience with the RB triggers though.

Thanks Again have a good one!!!

[ QUOTE ]
Don't know why everyone is hatin' on the accutrigger, but I think it is as fine a factory trigger as you'll find. Is a Jewell better??? Sure it is. It also costs $185 + installation. I still have the factory accutrigger on my 6-250 that Kirby built and to be honest, I like it better than the Rifle Basix on that is on my 270 AM. It is a nice crisp 9 oz.

[/ QUOTE ]i feel the same way!!!

[ QUOTE ]
My BVSS came with a trigger adjusted as light as it would go. Still was very heavy. I cut the trigger return spring so it just touched the receiver when cocked. Made a big difference and still functions correctly. I weighed the center trigger "thingy" (sorry if I got too technical!) and it was adding over a pound of trigger weight so I did the same thing to it. Made a world of difference and works great. It is set at about 1.25 pounds.

[/ QUOTE ]
that the same thing i did works great.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.