Savage AccuTrigger

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slopeshunter, May 15, 2007.

1. Slopeshunter

Slopeshunter Well-Known Member

Good day everyone,

I've been considering the Savage 12FVSS in 22/250 and am looking for opinions about the AccuTrigger by those who have experience with it.

Thanks in advance!

2. screech

screech Well-Known Member

its all right but not as good as a good tuned trigger.

3. ol mike

ol mike Well-Known Member

Ditto on screech.

They 'savage' markets them like are a jewell -my remington a cz triggers are way out of the accutrigger league.

4. Slopeshunter

Thanks guys. Would it be difficult at all to swap it out for a different type? I assume that's a job for a gunsmith?

5. edge

edge Well-Known Member

IMO, it is a fantastic Hunting trigger, and an OK target trigger.

With the correct springs you can safely hunt with a 1 1/2 pound trigger and not worry. I walk a lot and hate a heavy trigger, the Accu-Trigger suits me.

edge.

6. Triggernosis

Triggernosis Well-Known Member

I have a 12FV with an Accu-trigger - it's O.K., breaks fairly clean, but I'd like to lighten it just a hair more.

Anyone know how to lighten it a tad more?

7. Slopeshunter

I guess one of the things I'm trying to figure out in my head (having never tried one) is does it feel weird pulling this false trigger before you get to the real trigger? Or is it just something you get used to??

8. MachV

MachV Well-Known Member

The accutrigger is very simalar to the triggers on the Ruger VTs and oddly enough a Sweede(military type trigger)so getting used to a little lite takeup before the trigger breaks was not a problem for me.
    However if you side-load the trigger at all you can trip the main before the first safty trigger ingauges...got tired of that happening and just eliminated the first stage.To me the acutrigger is an unnessisary gimic that I can do without....Have ben able to get the Stevens(old Savage) trigger down lite-smooth enough that they work just fine.
    Not a bad factory trigger for those that dont shoot a lot but ????

9. Triggernosis

Triggernosis Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    does it feel weird pulling this false trigger before you get to the real trigger? Or is it just something you get used to??

[/ QUOTE ]
    It doesn't feel weird at all to me...it didn't take me any time to get used to it.

10. remingtonman_25_06

remingtonman_25_06 Well-Known Member

I dont like the feel of it either personally...

The ruger 2 stage is better IMO...

I hate having to pull 1 trigger to get to the next...

Any fine tuned factory trigger is gonna do just as well..

11. bailey1474

bailey1474 <strong>SPONSOR</strong>

Don't know why everyone is hatin' on the accutrigger, but I think it is as fine a factory trigger as you'll find. Is a Jewell better??? Sure it is. It also costs $185 + installation. I still have the factory accutrigger on my 6-250 that Kirby built and to be honest, I like it better than the Rifle Basix on that is on my 270 AM. It is a nice crisp 9 oz.

12. Slopeshunter

Thanks for the input everyone. Guess I'll just have to give it a try and see what I think. Now to just figure out which model I want to go with. Maybe that'll be my next post. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

13. edge

edge Well-Known Member

I think that there are 3 versions of the Accu-Trigger, and depending the rifle, you get a specific trigger.
    Hunting models get a 3-6 pound trigger
    Law enforcement gets 1 1/2 to something
    and Target models get the low weight.

This may have changed, but make sure before you buy or you may not like the weight and Savage does not sell the springs to Non-gunsmiths....at least in the past.

edge.

14. Eaglet

Eaglet Well-Known Member

Bill Bailey,

+1