Savage 93FV 22 mag

Ronin75

Anybody have any experience with Savage 93FV, I looking to buy one new or possible used in 22 magnum. How accurrate are they in comparison to say Marlins or CZ's in the same caliber and barrel size. If anyone out there is thinking about selling one of the above rifles listed please advise.

Thanks

Well I just bought one yesterday and zeroed it today. I really like it. Very nice trigger which usually seals the deal for me. I only shot CCI 30 gr HP ammo. The bloggers usually say Winchester 34gr HE is the best factory ammo for accuracy and knock down power. Here is the groups shot at 100 yards with light cross winds at times. The attached pic is a Birchwood Casey 3" shoot N C bullseye. groups about 1/8 1/4 inch. Hope to get some different ammo to find what groups best. I think I am going to shoot this thing alot. I can't speak to the reliability over time since I just bought it yesterday but I seems to be a good shooter. I was still adjusting turrets for zero with these shots until the last on just left of the bull. I have a .22-250 and .308 that are very good shooters so I am very discriminating when it comes to bolt action rifles. I would recommend this rifle to anyone. I did get a ten round additional magazine that does not protrude below the stock much at all. Good luck I don't think this rifle will disappoint you for the money. Mine was $380.00

Attachments

• 22 WMR.jpg
    22 WMR.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 109
thank you very much for you info. I'll be ordering one withiin the next week or so. What scope did you put on yours

You should get the laminate thumbhole stock and mine is stainless. I am pretty average size and the length of pull and cheek weld are very comfortable. I put a cheap Barksa scope I had laying around. I don't think this needs a $1000.00 scope but next year I would like to get a Nikon/bushnell. The Barksa is very heavy. Good luck. Here in Washington state the .22 WMR ammo was still available during the crazy ammo grab.

I have both , a CZ .22 mag and a Savage 93 .22 mag with a bull barrel , both
will shoot the same very tight groups with Hornady's 30gr V-maxs.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.