savage 338 edge

trapperluke

Well I finished up my latest project, Savage 111 action,30" Mcgowen Baarrel 10 twist, 4 port muscle break, stockade prairie dog stock cerakoted sniper grey with black webbing, all the metal is cerakoted graphite black. Took it out this afternoon to break it in, first I have to say the muscle break is by far the best break I've ever used, it almost elimanated the back blast that most breaks have. Shooting 300gr smk's over 91 gr h-1000 second 5 shot group at 200yds were all touching. Hope that continues.
338edge001.jpg

You know the more of these 338 builds I see the more I think I might need one. lol This one certainly isn't helping. The wheels are already turning on components for a build. The question though is do I go for a 338 Edge or maybe take a chance on the 338 Sin. Really liking that sniper grey cerakote by the way. I'm almost convinced I need that on my 300wm savage build. Well done build. Looks like it will be a lot of fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice looking rifle and it sounds like it shoots as good as it looks! How much does it weigh just like it sits?

Looks very good!! I'm building a near identical rifle for my buddy but a 338 RUM and Brux barrel. Same brake, stock and action and maybe the same scope.:D

Those Muscle Brakes are the nicest brake I've shot, so far I have yet to use on that I had any blast at the shooter.

Wow love this rifle. Planning on using the same stock on my .308 build. I think I may have finally figured out how I want to paint it up:D Great Job!

Nice rig, and congrats on the shot.
What do you have to different to build a 338 EDGE with a savage action?
Also, is that a Vortex PST you are using?

Sweet as sugar, she is! Well done.

With the Muscle Brake installed, can you give me a rough idea of the recoil level compared to something that most of us have shot like say.....a 30/06 with 180 grainers?

I'm just trying to form a mental picture here of what that Edge can be made to feel like with a great brake....

Thank you.

Trapper,
Very nice looking build.
What calibre was the rifle in before you converted it?

I have a Savage Stevens in .30-06 with a spare .300WM bolt head. Looking to see if it is possible and a good idea to get a RUM barrel for it.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts