• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Savage 270 barrel,dies,brass

Quackshot

This is part of an abandoned project. Too good not to get used. Had my gunsmith make this Savage barrel from a new take off 6.8SPC Rem SS varmint barrel 10 twist. I did a 20 shot barrel break in and less than ten 3 shot groups for an under 50 total shots fired. Shot an inch and under at 200 meters with 130gr Accubonds. It also liked the 140gr Accubonds. Comes with 160 once fired brass and Redding like new die set. $150 shipped

Attachments

• 270 stuff 001.jpg
    270 stuff 001.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 12
Silly question, but by your description I assume it's a barrel removed from a Remington rifle, rechambered and converted to fit on a Savage?

If so, small or large shank?

Thanks.

Small shank 24 inches long. If you look carefully you can see where the Remington shank was turned down and bead blasted but it matches pretty well. I have gone to all short actions for my Savages and this is the last long action cartridge barrel that is left. I kept it to shoot single shot because it shot so well, but I decide on a couple short action cartridges that are suitable for the hunting that I do.

These dies and brass would cost $130 shipped from Midwayusa if they had them. All currently on backorder. Makes the barrel pretty inexpensive.
I would trade for an interesting short action barrel or stock or 20cal stuff.

Any interest in a savage 243 takeoff? I have a sporter weight barrel that came off a stevens model 200. It shot amazing I just rebarreled in 260 Remington. It is threaded 1/2x28 for a muzzle brake or suppressor.

I don't need the dies but would like the brass and could throw in some 243 brass if you like. Thanks

Brandon