Savage 12BVSS

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by car, Feb 6, 2010.

1. car

car Active Member

Anyone have one? I looking at one in a 25-06 for hunting BD and antelope. After a closer look it is a 112BVSS. I know Savage stop making these a few years ago.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2010
  2. bang

bang Member

I have a 112bvss in 300 win mag. The long action version. Love it. gun) Shoots like a dream!

3. klallen

klallen Active Member

i have the bvss in .25-06. love the rifle. quickly changed out the factory stock for a boyds laminated thumbhole. am considering a move to the .25-06ai but may never get to it as i really like the performance i'm getting. i use the 110 accubond and it's had no problem with the mulies or antelope up here in MT. handled most of the killing chores on an exotic hunt down in OK that fiftydriver wrote about. had been a while since i'd had the rifle out. it was good to give it some time in the field.

4. johnnyk

johnnyk Well-Known Member

I also have one in .300WinMag, it's a beast and shoots unbelieveably for a factory rifle. I replaced the factory trigger with a Rifle Basix and I absolutely love it. If I get the chance at another, regardless of caliber, I will try to buy it! JohnnyK.

5. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Well-Known Member

Call Savage and talk to a lady named Effie. I ordered a 110 FLP Tactical 25/06 about a month ago from the Savage Custom shop,and they quit making it a couple years ago,but still had everything in stock to build one for me.

6. sniperjwt

sniperjwt Well-Known Member

+1 to the above They will still make most of the rifles they just dont mass produce them anymore.