Savage 116 FSAK???

livtoohunt

Ok, I have read few other posts on here from others who agree the on/off break sucks! It does cut blast, bu seizes up, so I finally got the stupid thing off. Now want a cap so I think I measured correctly does 9/16or .5625x10 sound corect? Thank you for your help.

First I'm not familiar with this exact MB setup, but 10 threads per inch sounds pretty course for a muzzle thread.

It certainly could be that, and hopefully someone with hands on knowledge will chime in. I'd expect it to be somewhere in the 18 or 24 pitch thread range instead of 10 threads.

It is the previous version to the Bear Hunter or the same minus camo stock and accutrigger. I am sure it is 9/16-28 but would like to hear from those who do this for a living or at least better informed than I am. Thanks

9/16-28 sounds much better. A quick and easy way to verify the pitch without a thread pitch gauge would be to take 1/4-28 fine thread bolt and lay the threads of the bolt in the threads of the barrel tenon if they line up you know its 9/16-28 if they don't get 5/16-24 fine thread bolt and try that.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.