Savage 111 Long Range Hunter availability

venom600

Hi folks (first post here....been lurking for a while),

Been hunting for many years and lately have been taking elk at longer and longer ranges. I've been shooting the same Mossberg 1500 .30-06 since I started hunting. I won't take a shot that I think is unethical and I'm starting to pass up elk that I'd love to have a chance at.

After doing a lot of research, I've settled on .300 Win Mag as the round I wanna shoot. Also, after a lot of research I think I've settled on the Savage 111 Long Range Hunter.

Now, my problem......

I can't seem to find one in stock anywhere!!! I started with all of my local dealers and none of them could get one. Now, I've been searching online, to ship to a local FFL, and I can't find one online either!! Anybody got a line on a Savage 111 Long Range Hunter in .300 Win Mag?

Thanks!

I just bought a Savage LRH from my local gun shop The Exchange. They found one pretty quickly and they sell a LOT of guns so if there is one out there somewhere they would probably find it.

605 692 2013

Online Gun Deals - Home

Wow....that BVSS is very tempting. My only concern there would be the weight, since I do a fair amount of hiking while I'm out hunting. I may have to consider it, though....thanks for the link.

Wow....that BVSS is very tempting. My only concern there would be the weight, since I do a fair amount of hiking while I'm out hunting. I may have to consider it, though....thanks for the link.

Give Jim a call, he'll tell you what the real difference is.
I put two slings on my gun, and carry it backpack style, weight is no issue.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.