Savage 110 magazine feed Problem

lsufrank

I shoot a Savage 110 in 300 Winchester. For best accuracy my OAL with a 168 Amax is 3.5 inches. My loaded rounds would not work in the magazine. So I purchase a Savage 300 Ultra Mag magazine and follower from Midway USA. I have installed the box and the gun does not feed rounds into the chamber worth a hoot. The magazine feed lips are to short and the round jumps up out of the box. The Savage 110 is push feed. Has anyone worked through this problem before? I thought about a CRF bolt head, but then I have another problem with no extrator! I only want one problem at a time. I am still shooting one round at a time. I will listen to any suggestions. Will another brand of magazine box fit?

You possibly may have to feed them one at a time if your seating them past the mag length.
Keep me posted, I just picked up a 300 Win 110.

If you've installed the RUM box then making the cut for the standing ejector shouldn't be a problem for you if going CRF will fix the problem. I would just extend the feed lips on the mag box it that would work.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.