Savage 110 FCP-K ??

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by 6mm, Nov 8, 2009.

1. 6mm

6mm Well-Known Member

I'm interested in one of these (300 Win Mag) with the accustock. Their listed under the Savage Law Enforcement series. Anyone have a range report or real hands on experience with one of these rifles and their accuracy? They come standard with a muzzle brake also; how effective is it? Thanks

2. 6mm

6mm Well-Known Member

weekend bump

3. goose

goose Well-Known Member

I don't have one of those, but I recently got the 116fhsak.....not sure on the letters, but the weather warrior with accustock and the factory brake. I find the brake is very effective, I do not own any other rifles with brakes so I can't compare with other designs. I'm not sure if it is the same brake, but my 7RM recoils equal to or less than my 6mm rem. I like the feature of being able to close the brake also. I've done some shooting to 500yards which resulted in about 6.5" group off a bipod in the field with very bad sun glare. I really haven't shot the rifle that much to know exactly what to expect consistantly. At 100yards, I've seen .7-.8" groups, which I'm happy with and may do better with practice and tuning.

Does the model you mention have a heavy barrel?

4. 6mm

6mm Well-Known Member

Yes it's got a heavy (varmint contour) barrel. It's listed under the Law Enforcement series on Savage's web site.

5. adam32

adam32 Banned

I like the one with the McMillan...if anyone has any info on it also...gun)