Savage 110 7remmag build

I'm going to have to go +1 on savage's accutrigger. If set up just right, it has a danm good feel to it. I only wish I could adjust the X-mark pro trigger on my remington 7RUM to feel that good.

The McGowen outlet only has already-built pre-fit barrels. If you want a non-run-of-the-mill barrel, like the 32" straight cylinder pre-fit that I just got recently, you have to go to the main site and order it, with 12-15 weeks (currently) lead time.

Geez 32"! What's that going to be chambered in? .338 Lapua?

I suggest you read Jerry Teo's article "Long Range Rifle on a Budget" if you haven't already done so. I used a 111 action, EABCO barrel, JP Tactical brake, RifleBasix SAV2 trigger and Boyds stock for my project 6.5x284 and couldn't be happier with the results. Think about the weight before you order the barrel. My varmint contour (26 inches long, .875in diameter at the muzzle) is a bit heavy, with the total weight including Vortex Viper HSLR is 13 pounds loaded with 4 rounds. Next time I am pretty sure I'll go for a fluted tube, and just a bit more taper. My other hunting rigs are between 10 and 10.5 lbs, which makes a difference at the end of a long day hiking hills.

My son did a very budget build on a cheap Savage 110 from Wally Word. Cheapest one made. Filled the forend with bedding compound. Bedded the action. Work the non accutrigger to a 1.5 pound pull. and had a 26 inch 3 grove Pac Nor that he installed himself. Redfield (Leupold) scope with mounts Ebay bipod. $1025. Shoots sub .3 all day long. I might add it is a 1.95 twist and it does best with 168 Accubond Long Range. Imr 4831. Fed 210. 7mm Rem seated to 3.35

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts