savage 110 338 lapua grouping

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by updogcharmer, Nov 28, 2012.

1. updogcharmer

updogcharmer Member

Have what seems to be a strange issue with my new gun, been shooting a couple weeks now and seems like the grouping moves by itself and then back again.
    Anyway I shoot three shot groups and two would be spot on then the third would be as far as three inches away and could be anywhere.
    I am currently only shooting at 200 yards, would like to move out but not until I can have some better consistency.
    I am shooting off a bypod and bags FYI
    Loads are berger 300 grn hybrids, 91.5 grns h 1000
    thanks

2. MTBULLET

MTBULLET Well-Known Member

first, welcome to recoil !
    Get rid of the bipods until your sure of the gun/load/group
    check ALL the "nuts and bolts" on the weapon.

3. updogcharmer

updogcharmer Member

I have checked the nuts and bolts and have shot some just on bags, also with some earlier loads had a bit of copper fouling but cleaned up nice.
    my intention is to should it in the sled a little and see if anything changes

4. ICANHITHIMMAN

ICANHITHIMMAN Well-Known Member

How fast are you shooting and how much is your 3 round moving?

5. updogcharmer

updogcharmer Member

shooting 3 shots in maybe 5 minutes and then check and or wait 5 minutes or so.
    Groups can change up to thre inches or so but also has some real inconsistency as well.
    last time out I had 2 friends and we each took a turn shooting and that didnt even effect the results