Sauer 202 Varminter .243 Opinions

BRAND NEW IN THE BOX, BOUGHT IT NEW 6 YEARS AGO AND NEVER FIRED $1400 shipped!The Sauer 202 Varmint is an innovation in the Sauer rifle line with these features included:
29627.jpg
Precision machined steel receiverQuick-change barrel systemShort 60 degree bolt throwMatte finish on all metal surfaces for minimum reflectivitySilent safetyIntegral rail on forend for bipod mountingDetachable box magazineMatch grade fluted bull barrel for accuracy and increased heatTwo-piece Turkish walnut stock in an oil-finish with a palm swell and an adjustable cheek piece

They're very sweet rifles, and accurate as can be. I used them for many years as a test rifle for all the 6.5x55 QC (accuracy) firings with Sierra. They're very impressive systems, and the machine work is first rate. I was at first a bit concerned about the quality of the hammer forged barrels, but I can honestly say that having gone through a couple dozen of them over the years, I never saw one that wouldn't shoot. The quick change system for barrel is a real advantage, if you want to pick up something in another caliber, and it doesn't take but a few minutes and an allen wrench to accomplish.

Sounds like you've got a shot at a very good deal there. I'd grab, while the grabbin's good!

Kevin Thomas
Lapua USA

Whatever turns you on for the optics, that's a judgment call that'll need to be based on what you'll be doing with it. It's a great rifle, and I'm sure you'll be happy with it once it arrives. Gotta say, they have about the smoothest bolt throw you'll ever feel. They alos have two different types of bolt handles; the more (US) conventional ball, or the traditional butter knife handle. Do you know whoch one this is?

Kevin Thomas
Lapua USA