Votes: 35 20.0%
  • 1 To 5 Years

Votes: 60 34.3%
  • 6 To 10 Years

Votes: 25 14.3%
  • Over 10 Years

Votes: 7 4.0%

• Total voters
I have two, with the same results as everyone else. If there was ever a reason to have to decide between brands it would be NF. NF has a second to none customer satisfaction guarantee. The first one I bought (12x42 NXS) was not to my standards, and to say the least I was disappointed. I called NF on Thursday with my complaint. They said if I could get it to a UPS store and put it on second day air they would pay the freight both ways. I did. Tuesday morning I had a new one setting on my door. That tells me they did not even look at the scope, just box another up and send it out. No questions asked! I have heard of several other customers having the same customer service. There is no run around if you need the warranty. I will continue to buy NF.

I have used three different NXS of my friends. I just got my first NXS 5.5x22x50 NR-P2. I sold my Swarovski to fund this purchase. There is no comparison in clarity or brightness between the two. I will be buying more!!:D

Bought my first this year...a 5.5x22x50 for a Lapua. I have owned 2 USO, a Zeiss and a Swarovski previously, so was used to good glass...But when studying the specs, such as exit pupil , I was at first concerned that there wouldn't be enough light through a 2.25 mm exit pupil...but I was wrong. I have never noticed any lack of light even though I usually like at least a 4mm exit pupil in my binoculars...
I was convinced to make the buy when we were sighting in my partners rifle at the range...we needed 3/4 MOA adjustment to the left and when we dialed it in the bullet moved precisely that amount...The adjustments were exactly the way they should be, viz. precise and repeatable.
I am intrigued by the new 2.5x10x32. I can already see it sitting on a lightweight 7mm that I am scheming about. I am also wanting to check out the new FFP's when I get the chance. And I would still like to see Holland's reticle in one of the FFP's 30-338

After 3 bad experiances with 3 scopes and their manufacturers, I tried NF in 1999. I have never looked back. NF scopes are everything those others were supose to be and even better. I have always thought they were a dream come true and they are. Although I use a Lupy Mk4 10x on my sheep rifle due to its lower weight, for my serious LR work and other hunting situations, I prefer my NF's.

Thanks you NF!

Shawns video finally pushed me over the edge. When a guy like Shawn says you can't do better...

Suddenly, the rifle is a half moa shooter, the zero never shifts, the drop charts work... The perfect long range scope. If they could shave 1/2 a lb. they'd be the perfect all around scope too.

A scope to believe in.

Bought another last week. 5.5 x 22 x 56 NXS with 1/4 MOA's and a MLR ret. Took it to the range, looked through the bore at 100 yards got it close, fired 1 shot, 11 inches high and 4" right. Made both elevation and windage corrections at once. Fired the second shot, BINGO! dead nuts...:cool: But I never expected any less from a Nightforce.

Great product!

Jeff

I purchased my first NF scope around 1995. I now own 3 NF scopes a 3.5-15x56, 5.5-22x56 and 8-32x56. I plan to purchase 2 more in the near future.

Just bought another NF. 5.5-22x50, MLR reticle, Mil-Rad turrets with zero stop. This is the ultimate scope in my opinion. It works flawlessly like every other one I have owned. When I was sighting in the other day, I compared the reticle to how far low my bullet hit. Saw that it was 1.5 mils low, came up 1.5 mils on the turrets, bulls eye! I love these turrets!

Thanks again NF!

Bought a NXS 12-42x56 mil dot recticle last year, after reading so much about them,in anticipation of getting my UK firearms license. Finally put it on my new UA TPG-1 in .308 win gun)and took it to the range just before xmas.
At 100yds ( with a 20moa rail on the rifle) first 5 shots were 12'high and 8" right from intitial boresight setup but i expected something like that. A few adjustments and another 5 shots was much closer.
3rd group of 5 went were the cross hairs were put, any deviation from dead centre was me not the scope as i am getting used to the rifle etc.
Final setting and the scope was only a couple of clicks of bottom and only 3 clicks right of the middle of available windage clicks.
The accuracy of this scope is fantastic, a subsequent visit to the range again at 100yds with 10-15mph wind from 9oc put the first group 1" to the right of centre with elev spot on. The group from edge to edge was 0.7" and remember i only go the gun and scope together and shot it first time before xmas.
a couple of clicks and the group of 5 were all hitting the cross hairs again averaging less that 0.7". I was extremely happy :Dwith those results and was looking forward to going to a military range and taking it out ( slowly!!! ) to 1000yds.
Unfortunately the scope seems to have developed a smudge like shadow on the occular lens as the mark rotates when the zoom level is changed.
I have been in touch with Ken at Nightforce ( same day reply), who says this is the first time he has come across this problem/defect and the scope has to go back to be checked. Hopefully this will be a quick turn around as i don't get much time at home to go shooting due to working overseas!! just my luck :-(
Although i'm sure i read something way back when researching scopes that dust or contaminants sometimes get left in the scope barell and due to static will sometimes attach to the lense but may drop off later due to shocks from firing.
just out of interest has anyone else come across this type of defect on the lense??
Great forum by the way, keep up the good work.
Best Rgds
Kev ( UK)

Here is a photo of the NEW Front Focal Plane Nightforce F1
3665.jpg

Here is a larger photo just click on it the link below:
http://i517.photobucket.com/albums/u340/csgunworks/NF-FFP7.jpg

Here is one mounted.
th_NF-FFP1.jpg

Here is a larger photo just click on it the link below:
http://i517.photobucket.com/albums/u340/csgunworks/NF-FFP1.jpg

Mike @ CSGW

Last edited:
I'll add my $.02 to this thread. I got an NSX 5.5x22x50, NP-R2 and I am very happy. I haven't really put it through it's paces, but I think it's a fine, rugged scope. I've heard some folks say that some other scopes may have better glass... I haven't looked through the other higher end stuff but IMO the NF optical quaity surpasses my needs in resolution and light, and where it really shines is its function and ruggedness which is a big plus for the terrain I often hunt. Also, I cant think of another reticle that I would ever want. As long as I can afford them, I will put them on any other rifles I add to my collection.

+1

Bought my first 5.5-22x50 NSX with NP-2R. Outstanding product. Side by side by my 8.5-25 Leupold, better product. A gem to use. As finances can allow (pushing $2400 cdn with the drop in the canuck buck) they will be my first choice.

I bought mine 3 years ago. NXS 3.5-15x50 with the NPR2 reticle.

Robust construction, great clarity, superior low light performance.

Saving up for a 2.5-10x32.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.