• 6 To 10 Years

Votes: 25 14.3%
  • Over 10 Years

Votes: 7 4.0%

• Total voters

Len Backus

Administrator
Staff member
I have been using Nightforce scopes from Nightforce Optics for about 7 years now. I have been very happy with all my Nightforce scopes. How long have you been a satisfied user of Nightforce scopes?

Been using them for 3+ years. Absolutely oustanding. I have 8 of them currently, less a single issue. Cant say the same about most other brands Ive had, and I had 'em all. At this writing there are (2) brands of scopes that I would trust with my life- Nightforce NXSs and Schmidt & Bender PM2s.

I have 4 NXS models.. reliable, consistent, quality, great features, very user friendly, great resale !

two 8-32
one - 5.5-22
one 3.5-15

I've only got one, 5.5-22x50 NPR1 on my 338 Edge. Love this scope.
Edge.jpg

I have used many and own a handfull (mayne 2 hand fulls) and just cannot say enough good about them. They are the best optic I have ever used. While I have not used every optic on the market I have owned at one time or another most of the "high end" tactical optics.

They work really well. Optics are great. 5x on mine looks like 9x on my nikon. The crosshairs jump when I dry fire which is the only thing I don't like. It has been discussed on here before and has no bearing on holding zero but I wish it wouldn't do that.:rolleyes:

I'd rate them 9/10

Crosshairs jumping when dry firing shouldn't be the scope. Isn't that the vibration of the whole rifle?

Bought my first Nightforce scope this past year. It was hard to shell out
the initial cost, but after using it all year, I am saving up for another.

In the unlikely event you have a problem with your NF, you will find their service to be second to none. I bought a used 12-42 BR for competition, it would not track well. Called them on phone, told them I bought it used and the nice lady said, no problem, send it in, describe the trouble, and it would be fixed. I did so, and about 10 days later, UPS delivered it to my door, no charge for postage. Fantastic!!! Compare this to some of the German and other high end optics.

I have had a 5.5-22 x 50 NPR1 for about a year now and it has performed extremely well on my 338 Lapua.

However, I would like to see a lightweight version. For my main hunting rifles that I hike many miles with (7.5 lb 280 rem and 8 lb 300 RUM) I use Leupold simply because they are significantly lighter. If NF made a 15 ounce 4.5-14 type scope, then perhaps a couple would be sitting on my other rifles. But as it is, I will only consider a NF for my 15 lb rifle, where weight in not a concern.

Excellent product though, but not for every application IMO.

I agree, they arent suitable for applications where light weight and medium magnification is a consideration.

However, I would like to see a lightweight version. For my main hunting rifles that I hike many miles with (7.5 lb 280 rem and 8 lb 300 RUM) I use Leupold simply because they are significantly lighter. If NF made a 15 ounce 4.5-14 type scope, then perhaps a couple would be sitting on my other rifles. But as it is, I will only consider a NF for my 15 lb rifle, where weight in not a concern.

I think that would concern me too if I felt the need for more than 10X magnification. In the end, I just couldn't bring myself to buy a less expensive scope because the length was just wrong for my LTR. The new Sightron
SIII 3.5-10x44 LR MD was a contender but is 1.2" inches longer and 1.5 oz. heavier than the Nightforce 2.5-10x32. Options closer in price like the Leupolds were somewhat lacking IMHO. The MR/T 2.5-8X is .7" shorter and 3 oz lighter but I wanted to max out at 10X. The LR/T 3.5-10X40 is the same weight but 1.5" longer.

Jon

Nightforce are one of the best scopes on the market and they just keep getting better!

Mike @ CSGW

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.