Satisfied Savage owners - speak out!

"I really like the Accu-trigger basically from my early days shooting a 303 - cannot get away from the 2 stage trigger. The only issue I have is the amount of creep with the Mk II trigger - off to the gunsmith I suppose. The rifles really shoot well out of the box so I will have to see what happens when the new barrels arrive."

Iggy
The big differnce between the Accutrigger and a military trigger is that if you side draft a military trigger it still works, if you sidedraft an Accutrigger it only goes click.....Some are touchier than other to sidedrafting but in a field rifle this is a real PITA!
You can clean up the creep in the MKII trigger by putting a shim or two between the trigger group and the action @ the back screw. Just make sure you dont put in too much and have the trigger so fine that it can go off by itself.

Thanks MachV. The Accu-trigger does make you get your technique sorted out...to date I have not had any issues with 'side drafting':)

Thanks also for the tip with the shims. I will look at it & see if Ican do anything before I nee to send it off to the gunsmith.

As of right now, I have the 12 LRPV in .22-250, averaging .1 - .3" inch groups @ 100 yds. At 450 yds. it shoots about 3" with no wind doping, the vertical group size is about 1" tho. I have a review for this rifle @ Savage model 12 long range precision. If I had to make this choice again, I do it. lol.

I also have the 93RBTV, in 17HMR. This gun is another great shooter.

Planning on a F-class build on one of the target actions also.

**The firearms listed above are owned by me, and not including my brothers and dad :D.

Savages are another addiction. LOTS of different factory flavors and if you don't find what you want...just build it!

Factory Savage 223 Competition rifle
sav223comp3.jpg

sav223comp4.jpg

Older factory J action in 25/06
2506001.jpg

My first 223 AI that I machined and built. Gotta love those B & C stocks!
Savage223AI1.jpg

223 AI rechambered by me
223aithumbhole.jpg

223aiVLPPD.jpg

Another 223 AI by me
223AILASVLP.jpg

Not a bad 700 yard group, but not great either. I will blame the wind! :)
223ai700yd92008.jpg

338 RUM built on a Savage Target action.
338RUMSc.jpg

755 yards with the 1st deer taken by the 338 RUM built on a Savage Target action for my shooting buddy. (one shot)
755yardA.jpg

938 yards with the 338 RUM (one shot)
938yardA.jpg

My 6.5x55 AI build. First group while fireforming brass at 700 yards.
700yd65x55AI.jpg

65x55AIA.jpg

My buddy's 6.5x55 AI (almost finished in this pic).
65x55AISa.jpg

Factory Savage BVSS in 7 Rem Magnum. Bought this rifle for the action and the stock, but it shot SO good, I could not bring myself to part it out, and sold it.
7mmMagBVSSScope.jpg

Ever wonder how to "fix" the flexible stock on a cheap Savage or Stevens? Some U channel epoxied into the channel does wonders.
SavStock004.jpg

SavStock008.jpg

22/6mm AI built on a Savage LRPV...NOT a factory offering! Ever see a prairie dog thrown 25 feet in the air and 30 feet from the hole......at 400 yards? 75 gr AMax at 3750 provides just this type of acrobatics.
Savage226mmAI1.jpg

Savage226mmAI7.jpg

226ai75AMb.jpg

700 yard group from my factory Savage Competition rifle in 300 Win Mag.
300WM700yd92008.jpg

Ok....that's all that I have pics of....done for now.

Do not have a picture of the "Super Duece" that I built this fall. 28" Shilen Select Match light varmint barrel with 1:8 twist to use the 80 gr AMax at 3150 fps. Needed a rifle that could be carried and have enough whop to take coyotes/etc at extended ranges.

My 110 FCP 338 Lapua @100 shoots 3/8 - 1/2" groups.
I shot it on paper last week @1600yds 11 7/8" 3 shots vert string 5" left of aim point.I think I can do better.
One happy customer!

Savages are another addiction. LOTS of different factory flavors and if you don't find what you want...just build it!

223 AI rechambered by me
223aithumbhole.jpg

223aiVLPPD.jpg

That laminated stock with the blue laminations is a beauty, but it makes my eyes go squirrely when I look at the view with it next to the groundhog. I'd bet it looks even better up close.

Where did you get it?

Spencer

Derned straight I'll speak out! My Model 10 Max-1 Predator in 6.5 Creedmoor is the most accurate out-of-the-box rifle I've ever owned. Would I buy a Savage again?
You betcha! Now if they'd only start making Strikers again.....

My first Savage was a factory 112 7MM STW. bought it for a donor action but made the mistake of shooting it. Now it's my go to rifle.

Second Savage was an older 110 E, 7 mm Remington Magnum that I bought as a donor. Kicked like a mule so changed bolt head and barrel to a 30-06. Then finally finished my build, changed the bolt head back to magnum original head and screwed a Criterion .257 Weatherby Magnum barrel on. It is my second most favorite gun.

I own Remingtons, Ruger, Winchester and Tika as well. I love the ability to be able to change a Savage/Stevens into what I want without a lot of gunsmith expense.

+1 for the stock savage with a accu stock and trigger. It has always shot below MOA with factory ammo and my reloads are .5moa. I stopped tweaking at .5moa because it could hold it as for as I have been shooting which is out to 600yrds. gun is 6.5x284 116 stainless with a 20moa rail and zeiss 4.5x14 conquest. Its my go to rifle for now till I get my 300RUM broke in and load tested. but really like the savage:rolleyes:.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.