Salutations from Oly Washington

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Garys4598, Jul 31, 2009.

1. Garys4598

Garys4598 Member

Greetings everyone. I originally hail from Michigan.... but after a 21year military career settled on Washington State and the Pacific Northwest to establish my final roots. :rolleyes:

Been into rifle and pistol (but mostly rifle) target shooting for the last few years, but no genuinely long range shooting (unable to locate a range that 'facilitates' such endeavors... :D).

Anyway, I presently find myself waiting on, what is for me, a very special bolt-action "specialty pistol" build being performed by Mr. Scott Null. He's putting together for me a .308 Winchester using a Savage dual-port target action, that'll have a 17" match grade barrel and a few other neato assessories. I've been waiting for the last few months for this build to be completed and.... all providing all things continue to fall together as they've been doing, I should be able to take possession of my new 'precious' in approximately two months time.

Figured I'd name my new specialty pistol SUE, after my wife, although the acronym's true meaning will be "Savage Uber Eradicator"...:)

Pleased to meet you all!

~Gary

2. ss7mm

ss7mm Writers Guild

Welcome to Long Range Hunting Gary from the "dry" side of the state.

3. Stormrider

Stormrider Well-Known Member

Welcome, Gary.
    I grew up on Whidbey Island.