Salami

txnub

Has anyone ever made any sandwich meat sized salami. I have been making german and summer sausage, but this year I would like to try some salami. I'm thinking of using bologna casing. Any suggestions/recipes/experiences would be appreciated.

I make two different kinds that my family loves. I use Excalibur brand seasonings for both, Imitation Bacon and Willi Snack Stick seasonings. The bacon seasoning actually tastes like ham or Canadian bacon.

I press both into 4" casings, smoke, then slice real thin (around 1/16th inch), then vacuum pack.

The Canadian Bacon makes a great breakfast sandwich on an English Muffin with a slice of cheese.

Midwestern Research handles both the seasonings and the 4" casings. You can find them with a Google search.

Ok, sounds good. Thanks for your help. i'm hoping it will be a good year. I need to make german sausage, summer sausage, salami, burger and breakfast sausage, so the deer better be there when season starts!

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.