Sako TRGs..we have a problem

Boman

I was cleaning my rifle and when done I always work the bolt and do a couple dry fires to make sure everything is working right. After a couple of dry fires I went to engage the safety and I heard a click like the trigger tripped. So I did one more dry fire and then went to engage the safety again and when I got the safety all the way back the trigger tripped again moved to the rear of the trigger guard. At the time the bolt locked up and it will not budge. Which makes sense because the safety is on. So now I can not move the safety or work the bolt or pull the trigger. Its all locked up. . What do I do to fix this?
Please help. Thank you

Mike

Can you pull it out of the stock and look at it? Sounds like a problem with the safety mechanism. There is an exploded view in the owners manual, on the Sako website.
Good Luck,

Yes I did that. I will look up that exploded view. The only thing I can see is it looks like the trigger mechanism looks loose. Meaning it wiggles a bit when you touch it. I don't think that's good. It is going to a smith

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.