Sako TRG 22 or Kimber 84M ATR ?

EJN

Gentlemen,

I am looking at buying a 308 in either a TRG 22 or 84 M ATR. Do any of you guys own one of these rifles? If so what are your thoughts about them. I have very good price on both rifles so the money not a deal breaker, or should I be looking at something else in that price range? I am looking forward to you comments.

Thanks

EJN

Personally from talking with LEO/Mil guys, they really like the Sako. It is chosen in the U.K. as well as other countries as the sniper rifle of choice next to the AIAW. The rifle is very well made and for the money, you can't beat what it offers. It is essentially a custom rifle from a factory.

The Kimber is probably on par, but I really don't here anything about them on pretty much any forum. Their LEO/Mil line looks to be solid, but you just don't here that much about them.

Good luck on your decision. Chalk one up for me on the TRG!:cool:

Tank

Last edited:
Tank,

You make a good point about the lack of info about the Kimber that's why I am reaching out to guys like you and others. Your response is so noted and very appreciated.

EJN

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.