Sako TRG 22 in .308

creedmoorshooter21

I looked at these in 308 about a year ago and now I actually have the funds for the gun and I can't find it anywhere under 3k. I found that euro optic has it for $3048, but I couldn't find it anywhere else. Did it get discontinued or am I just not looking hard enough?

Don't bother to look, you might find one..heck you can buy 3 long or 4 long range rifles in much better suited cartridges that that one.... it's not worth that no matter what anyone says!!!

Don't bother to look, you might find one..heck you can buy 3 long or 4 long range rifles in much better suited cartridges that that one.... it's not worth that no matter what anyone says!!!

I do like the 308 cartridge because ammo was so readily available, until this whole shortage came about. I can still find components a few different places. Anyway, any suggestions on 308 rifles or anything else in the $1-3k price range for long range?

Try gunbroker.com. I second the TRG 22. As for other options, take a look at Savage Mod 12 and Mod 10 line of rifles. I really enjoy Savage rifles. Another option with the top end of your budget is to do a custom. Or you can build your own rifle using a Savage action. Just a thought.

They might. Call and ask them. They seem to be a good bunch of guys. They open early. I've talked them on the phone at 0700ish Eastern on a couple of occasions.

Try gunbroker.com. I second the TRG 22. As for other options, take a look at Savage Mod 12 and Mod 10 line of rifles. I really enjoy Savage rifles. Another option with the top end of your budget is to do a custom. Or you can build your own rifle using a Savage action. Just a thought.

I do like the idea of a custom, but maybe not right now. I have a savage in 204 that i absolutely love. The action and trigger are perfect, so i do like savage guns. I have looked at the savage 110 and 10 BA and liked them both, but i thought i would try a new manufacturer for this set up. Who knows, maybe i will end up with a savage. I'll just have to see what happens.

I have two TRGs. One is a 26" 260 Rem and the other is a 20" 308. If you think your Savage action and trigger are nice, you will be blown away by the TRG! They are very comfortable rifles and require no mods. I purchased both of mine from Eurooptics and the service was excellent.

If it tells you anything, I plan on buying a 3rd TRG in 338LM soon.

TKAB

I have two TRGs. One is a 26" 260 Rem and the other is a 20" 308. If you think your Savage action and trigger are nice, you will be blown away by the TRG! They are very comfortable rifles and require no mods. I purchased both of mine from Eurooptics and the service was excellent.

If it tells you anything, I plan on buying a 3rd TRG in 338LM soon.

TKAB

Wow man, that's some serious fire power. I'm going to have to wait a little longer to get the sako, but after reading all of these posts I'm definitely going with the sako. By the way, what scoops do you have on your trgs?

Watch the classifieds here,some great customs for sale for good deal.I picked one up w/under 100 rnds for 1/2 $

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.