Sako Rings?

onzah

I finally bought a new scope for my Sako 25-06 and am trying to figure out how to get 20 moa built into the rings. It has the integral base and it doesn't appear that burris makes the rings with inserts for this model. Any ideas?

If you do a search for:

Sako 75 scope mount??

You might get your answer.

Let us know what you do, I have a Sako 75 and have been looking into this for sometime.

I finally bought a new scope for my Sako 25-06 and am trying to figure out how to get 20 moa built into the rings. It has the integral base and it doesn't appear that burris makes the rings with inserts for this model. Any ideas?
Get a set of SAKO OPTILOCK rings and put a small shim at the rear (twixt ring and base) - The Integrated swivel inserts do the rest - I've done one with WAY over 60MOA this way.

Get a set of SAKO OPTILOCK rings and put a small shim at the rear (twixt ring and base) - The Integrated swivel inserts do the rest - I've done one with WAY over 60MOA this way.

Just a question about this as I may want to try it on my 7RemMag :

If you shim just under the rear ring...doesnt that put some kind of torque moment on the scope body between the rings when tightend down, thus throwing out of alignment the optical plane that exists between the front and rear lenses? ALso wouldnt a corresponding shim be necessary on the top half the front ring to lessen this torqu moment? ANd how thick was the
shim(s) you used?

Thanks

WRONG Burris does make this because I have it on two of my Sako's. it is a two piece dual dovetail that accepts the signature dual dovetail rings. much better set-up than the optilocks. I will try and find you the part #'s
UB

Chris
I can't visualise what your describing, any chance you got any pics to show a slow learner?
OK here's one -an extreme one used to deliberately OVER compensate - it's about 100MOA!
cwmhoru9.jpg

SAKO RINGS - see that inner ring which self centres?
cwmhoru2.jpg

Prototyping - see the rear washers/shims?
cwmhoru3.jpg

These using a custom base for a special "benchrest" airgun - but the Sako bases bolt onto their rings - all you need is a thin washer between the rear base and ring. Fit and bolt up.
:: S A K O :: - click OPTILOCK and read on

Gene you beat me to the punch I have Near bases on my sako's and they are top notch all the way. I believe they come in 0,20,40 and 60 MOA slant I would recommend these to anyone.

Hi. I am new to the forum, but have been following the posts (very informative thank you) . One in particular interested me. Adding extra moa's to Sako optilock rings. I tried to view your pictures, but could not see them. My question is that I have a Sako TRGS 338 lapua and Sako optilock Rings. I did the set up as I thought it was described. I added One washer between the rear ring and the base. It should give me 45 moa's. My question is will the plastic inserts help the scope so their is no unneccesary torqe on the scope, or do i need to do more than just Shim the rear. Thank You so Much for your input.
Jessegun)

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts