Sako Rings

bailey1474

<strong>SPONSOR</strong>
I know this has probably been up here a dozen times but I'm going to ask anyway. I have a Sako 75 in 300 RUM. Currently I have the Leupold rings on it. I am waiting on a scope to arrive and have been wondering if I should switch to the Optilock ringmounts or the Optilock mount system. The system requires a base and rings whereas the ringmounts simply attach to the receiver. Any experiences, good or bad with these mounts?

Thanks,
B.J. Bailey

[ QUOTE ]
I know this has probably been up here a dozen times but I'm going to ask anyway. I have a Sako 75 in 300 RUM. Currently I have the Leupold rings on it. I am waiting on a scope to arrive and have been wondering if I should switch to the Optilock ringmounts or the Optilock mount system. The system requires a base and rings whereas the ringmounts simply attach to the receiver. Any experiences, good or bad with these mounts?

Thanks,
B.J. Bailey

[/ QUOTE ]

I had a Sako 75 .300 Win mag. I used Optilocs and frankly, I thought they were very overated.
The scope sets too high.
Crappy, soft hex head screws.
Way too expensive!!

I used Talleys and Leupolds on my Sako, and liked them better....sakofan..YMMV

I use Talley rings and bases on a M75 Stainless in .308. When I bought the Sako I heard a lot of bad things about several other brands. CAn't speak personally of the other brands so I won't mention them. I will say that the Talleys work great and I now use them on all my hunting rifles. I would suggest the Quick Detach type because they have two screws at the top verses one. And, I am not sure I would classify them as quck detach. They are solid though and that's what counts. I would go with Talley and never look back. By the way. Have a close friend who shoots them on .338 Lupua and a host of other big case rifles. All have been perfect.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.