Sako Rings

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by bailey1474, Jan 26, 2005.

1. bailey1474

bailey1474 <strong>SPONSOR</strong>

I know this has probably been up here a dozen times but I'm going to ask anyway. I have a Sako 75 in 300 RUM. Currently I have the Leupold rings on it. I am waiting on a scope to arrive and have been wondering if I should switch to the Optilock ringmounts or the Optilock mount system. The system requires a base and rings whereas the ringmounts simply attach to the receiver. Any experiences, good or bad with these mounts?

Thanks,
    B.J. Bailey

2. sakofan

sakofan Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    I know this has probably been up here a dozen times but I'm going to ask anyway. I have a Sako 75 in 300 RUM. Currently I have the Leupold rings on it. I am waiting on a scope to arrive and have been wondering if I should switch to the Optilock ringmounts or the Optilock mount system. The system requires a base and rings whereas the ringmounts simply attach to the receiver. Any experiences, good or bad with these mounts?

Thanks,
    B.J. Bailey

[/ QUOTE ]

I had a Sako 75 .300 Win mag. I used Optilocs and frankly, I thought they were very overated.
    The scope sets too high.
    Crappy, soft hex head screws.
    Way too expensive!!

I used Talleys and Leupolds on my Sako, and liked them better....sakofan..YMMV

3. Wind Dancer

Wind Dancer Active Member

I use Talley rings and bases on a M75 Stainless in .308. When I bought the Sako I heard a lot of bad things about several other brands. CAn't speak personally of the other brands so I won't mention them. I will say that the Talleys work great and I now use them on all my hunting rifles. I would suggest the Quick Detach type because they have two screws at the top verses one. And, I am not sure I would classify them as quck detach. They are solid though and that's what counts. I would go with Talley and never look back. By the way. Have a close friend who shoots them on .338 Lupua and a host of other big case rifles. All have been perfect.