Sako Model 995 30-378 Detachable Mag

emolaskey

Is there any way to delete detachable magazine install floor plate for longer bullet seating for the 30-378

yes It is done guite often, lots of people do not like magazines. the most common is for converting a rifle to dangerous game applications. it eliminates staggerd left, right . loading generally adapted to push feed actions. allowing positive feed and emergency push feed capabilitys. they are extended floorplate bottom loaders with a psuedo magazine that is open on both ends. bigger cartridges usually end up 3 + 1. col doesnt have to get shorter. I thought someone was makeing a good order it over the phone conversion for some of the more popular rifles. cutom ones get a bit spendy. in either case the answer is yes

Do you know where I could start my search for parts or smith to delete detachable magazine for 30-378 in Sako M995

call sako first. I'll try and find a digital camera and send pics. once someone with a milling machine sees one he or she can make one. the pics should jar a few memories. with as many of them that are out there they are commercially available

havent forgot about you, still looking for a digital camera and someone that knows how to send it. I'll try describing them. they are a single stack magazine held in place by the trigger guard and the front lug screw. the magazine extends below the bottom of the stock so that the deep well floorplate comes down over the magazine and locks them together. they use a narrow follower and regular z type spring. the top of the mag is very similar to a mag clip, but the timeing does not allow the cartridge too hop out and prevents the possibility of short chucking the round. thats when the cartridge pops up but the bolt hasnt been pulled back far enough and then jams the cartridge, part of it in the chamber part of it in the well. they do not require any modification to the action [ maybe polishing of the feed ramp ] years ago I Thought I came up with something new. absolutely not the case.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts