Sako M995 Action Question

dakor

I have a Sako M995 that is a 300 win mag with a clip. I ordered a 338 barrel and want to rebarrel this rifle to the 338 Rum. The problem is the rum cases will fit in the clip I have but they do not feed the bolt will push the case head a little ways then rides over it. My question is if I buy the M 995 338 lapua clip will it fix my issue and is the only difference in the action between the 300 win and 338 Lapua the clip and the bolt face?

I own Sako 995s in 338 Lapua, 338 Win Mag and 375 H&H. The magazine in each of these has 95-2 stamped on it and they look identical. There may not be a difference in the 300 Win Mag and the 338 Lapua magazines.

Can you tell me if the clip between the three are different they way the are bent in at the top or if the followers are different? I hate to be a bother but could you try put some Lapua cases in your 375 H&H and see if it will at least push them out of the clip?

I looked on my clip and I have a 95-1 so I bet I have had the wrong clip the whole time I have owned the gun. I opened the clip rails up and did some filing on the clip and got it to work. I have noticed since I have had it sometimes the gun did not feed right.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.