• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Sako Finnbear L61R Stock

stx

Anyone have or know where I can get an original or wood replacement stock for a Garcia/Sako Finnbear L61R standard caliber? I've looked at Boyd's and seen a few originals in real bad shape. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks

This shop in Montana has a bunch but they are very expensive. I think he cleans them up and resells. He's known as "The Gunfather", has a tv show, "celebrity"...yadda yadda yadda. Anyway, he does have stocks and other pieces and parts. I have purchased small parts from him that are generally unavailable and he is ok to deal with.

This shop in Montana has a bunch but they are very expensive. I think he cleans them up and resells. He's known as "The Gunfather", has a tv show, "celebrity"...yadda yadda yadda. Anyway, he does have stocks and other pieces and parts. I have purchased small parts from him that are generally unavailable and he is ok to deal with.
I've contacted him on a couple of his stocks and you're right, he's proud of them. I can possibly see his prices if I was a collector but I'm not……I'm just an old guy trying to put wood back on some older rifles…..nostalgia, I guess!
thanks <><

I also am a Sako fan boy and have picked up some shooters that mainly needed stock repair. By experience, I know that an L61R will drop into an AV stock. The L61R has a shorter tang beyond the rear action screw but a little epoxy fill can rectify the gap. Accuflite Arms has AV stocks at $799. https://accuflitesports.com/product/stock-rh-sako-av-hunter-walnut/ Still expensive but they do appear to be new (old stock). Another place to watch is Sako Collecters Forum, if you are unfamiliar with them. I will keep an eye out for an L61R stock for you.

Reactions: stx
Almost forgot I have pictures of the fill job I did to fit an L61R to the AV stock...
P6240009.JPGP6240010.JPG

Reactions: stx
here is a spare stock for an L61R this guy is selling with a rifle... maybe he'd sell separately.

here is a spare stock for an L61R this guy is selling with a rifle... maybe he'd sell separately.
Thanks! I'll check it out…