sako 85 varmint in 22-250

NZsavage

hi ya, i've just received my new sako 85 varmint in 22-250...been out to the range today to run in the barrel and its a real straight shooter sub MOA out of the box. i tried some federal 55g soft points and some S&B 55g soft points and both shot well......i have some superformance hornady 50g vmax factory ammo coming to try as well as he federal premium 50g barnes.

does any one else have one of these rifles?

any load data for 52g A-max? or 50 g V-max?

twist rate is 1:14 and 23 & 7/8 barrel length.

I have a 85 SS Varmint Sako and I shoot the Hornady 55gr V-Max which group 1/4" at 100yrds. The 50gr's might do alittle better but I need to buck the wind on the long shots and the 55s work well. Mine is a 22-250 as well.

If reloading you should get hold of the Hornady Reloading Manual. Make sure it is a current copy and keep getting the current copies as they come out.

You can also call a lot of these companies on the telephone and talk to their techs, not sure about Hornady but I would surprised if they did not have telephone techs. The folks at Sierra have always been very helpful to me. Sinclair has great techs as well as does Redding.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.