Sako 75 stainless synthetic stock question?

preacherman

Can anyone comment on the sako synthetic stock... particulary about the stock cant... pros & cons... I just purchased a used one and it has a noticeable cant to it (or it is very badly warped)? thanks

Was the stock "canted" meaning that the action looked as if it had roled over one way or the other or does the stock have alot of "cast" meaning that when viewed from the muzzel with the gun sittng upright it looks as if it is bent to one side or the other with the bend starting at the rear grip?

A gun with a good bit of "cast off" will make a huge differance in the way you feel the recoil , cast off beeing that it looks as if it is bent away from your face , if it is bent in towards you it will likly seem to kick alot harded.

Most wood stocks that I have seen from higher end rifle makers have a bit of cast to them , I have seen several companies that had casted wood stock and their Synthetic stocks were strait.

JDJones... thanks for responding... looking from the muzzle toward the butt, the stock curves away from the cheekpiece (rh stock) at the butt... I'm pretty sure this is correct, just never noticed it 'til I laid it in the fixture for scope mounting; It looks similar to the "cant" used by Darrel Holland on his laminted wood stocks... I'm expecting it to shoot pretty nicely, just wanted to be sure it wasn't "warped", and to see if anyone had any experience to share about this stock... thanks again

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.