sako 30-378 trgs Stock screw torque?

Fotis

Given my recent post on these and their problematic issue with the recoil lug...
does anyone know what the correct inch/lbs of torque should be to avoid/prolong stock cracking?

Thanx in advance!

PS If anyone wants a right deal, at the right price and a pleasurable business experience then buy from BJ, Bailey!!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

POP, in my opion a proper beding job will eliminate any stock cracking issues... It certainly has for me in the past..........
thumb.gif

Actually I thought about this but this is like a reverse lug situation. The lug is in the stock and it engages the recoil lug recess on the barrel action (not sure where). Only got one look glance at it last night. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Honestly I would not know how to do this one. Any experience welcomed!!!!

POP not familar with that set up,but manny stocks split in the tang area simply because thier is not proper clearence in this area. I also prefer the action are to be beded as well.............
thumb.gif

[ QUOTE ]

POP not familar with that set up,but manny stocks split in the tang area simply because thier is not proper clearence in this area. I also prefer the action are to be beded as well.............
thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It is a wierd setup. This is why bedding it will be a challenge to me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

POP,

I've got one in .338 LM and sent it to Chris Matthews (Longshot Rifles) and he installed a Badger recoil lug and rebedded it for me. I'm confident the stock will hold up now.

Good Luck, Festus

I think Holland Custom sells a recoil lug (a real one) specially for this purpose.

Bedding the factory stock may prove a problem - my 'smith originally told me that it wouldn't adhere well to that stock, although I'm not that sure about that.

Mine is now in a McM, had it pillar bedded and I'll try to get some pics the weekend and post them.

Mine is a .300 WM. .338 LM I'd probably fit a "real" lug.

WL

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts