sako´s muzzle brake...any good?

JOSE A. MARINE

A friend of mine just gave me a new Sako trg 42 muzzle brake for a 338 lapua, I want to know, how much louder are they and how much kick do they aliviate... are they any good?, they seem so loud....

On my EDGE I have a Holland brake and I´m pleased with it, its the only braked rifle I own, so I dont have anything else to compare.

please any advise is welcome.

Joe

I'm pretty happy with the one on my .300 wm TRG. Very loud, but recoil is low enough i can always see the impact/splash.

The only odd thing is that trg brakes are m18X1.0 and I shure would like to test it in my rifle. it would be hard to do it without changing the threads on my barrel..

how much better are these? would it be worth the change?

I can feel the weight difference, would this heavy brakes dampen some vibrations???

from mexico, Joe

I have a TRG-22 308 and I love the factory break. When I first got my rifle I shot it without the break, and noticed a huge differance when I installed the break. Now the rifle pretty much just sits there after I take a shot, recoil is a light shove backwards. without the break it would jump to the right. I know you cant compare the 2 ctg's but it was a pretty fair test with the same rifle.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.