Safe Door

ZRT1000

Not sure where to post this so I will ask here.. I am starting to build a gun room and have been looking for a door anybody have any input on a safe door? ..Thanks

I would say the door used would depend on the type of room your building. Is it a concrete vault that is fire proof if so that is out of my expertise? If you are looking for something like a 2 hour door (fire door) any good door shop can build it to your specs. There are quite a few standard commercial doors with metal outers' available that would work well for a secure 2 hour room.

Hope that helps some.

i'm in the planning stage of doing a similar project, at least i think i am. my plan is to install a metal door with a key punch combination dead bolt. the striker plate will be a 1/4" thick steel plate about 4 ft long that will be glued and screwed into the solid frame around the door. the deadbolt operates on batteries or a key if needed. not as secure as a vault, but should keep 98% of the criminals and hopefully my 9 yr old out of the room when we're not around.

I guess I should have gave a idea of what I am doing.. It is going to be built out of block then filled solid, I am looking at something like the browning vault door or a door built by sportsman steel.. Thanks

RBrowning, Thanks for you post on the Safe Door web site. They have good products for those going through the building process.
Thanks again

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.