S1's Flash Hole Reamer

Ian M

S1\'s Flash Hole Reamer

Sam,
Got the reamers today, very beautifully made units. Can't find the "ON" switch, tho.
grin.gif

Interested to hear your opinion of reaming the primer pockets, worth doing? My RCBS rig came set a little too deep, primers end up sitting below flush and must be jumping back a bit upon ignition. Adjusted it up a bit but not sure I am doing any good.

Re: S1\'s Flash Hole Reamer

S1 must be busy building stuff.

I can tell you that he insists on truing primer pockets - he's got me hooked on the practice. The Sinclair uniformer is great, and doubles as a quick primer pocket cleaner after firing the round as well.

Ian,
I've got the Sinclair model that STL refers too, it makes for primers setting a little below the surface too, but they're all consistant though and I think that probably matters more concerning lock time. There's no way I'd do these by hand either, a drill makes fast work of these little buggers. Man I've got some off center flash holes in alot of my Ultra brass, I'll have to get a flash hole reamer from Sam when the wifes rifle quits draining the bank account here next month.
grin.gif

Shot a nice test of S1's flash-holer and it appeared to have done quite well. Without boring you with details our best 10 shot groups at 100 yards were with brass that had been "flash-holed". Velocity did not change significantly, nor did SD's but the groups did.
We will re-shoot this a couple of times to see if the results stay constant.
Right in the middle of my partner's shooting session a freaking snow-squall blew in and we could hardly see the target. He shot the best groups of the day in the **** snow-storm - as in ten shots in just a hair over 0.50". Oehler 35P kept ticking through the entire storm, very cold but we shot some nice 10-shot groups today.

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts