S&B Wow

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by jwp475, Jun 21, 2008.

1. jwp475

jwp475 Well-Known Member

I just recieved a S&B 5X25 PMll and the optics are awesome to say the least. The amount of resolution that this scope produces is like having a spotting scope mounted to your rifle, absolutly amazing.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2008

2. Jon A

Jon A Well-Known Member

I'll bet! Congrats. But we need pics! And details--what reticle? What knobs? :D

3. jwp475

jwp475 Well-Known Member

I have Seekins rings and bases on order and will take pictures when I get them.

This is the Reticule, the Gen ll XR Mill

[​IMG]

This scope has the double turn turrets calibrated in cm.

4. Ernie

Ernie <strong>SPONSOR</strong>

I have been borrowing the same scope, but with Holland's ART reticle and it is by far the best optic I have ever looked through-No Comparison to Leupy or NF.
    Of course, the cost is substantially higher though:eek:

5. Tyler Kemp

Tyler Kemp SPONSOR

Quit making me feel poor! :(

Someday I'm going to have the ultimate rig...after college...and when I get a well paying job...

How about a picture looking at a distant target through the scope? I'd like to see how the reticle looks on target.

6. James Jones

James Jones Well-Known Member

I have one on a tactical 308 and it is the best glass I have ever seen , I have a buddy that swears that US Optics makes one as good but I have never had one close to the same style to compair

7. Ian M

Ian M Well-Known Member

John,
    Computer died and I lost your #.
    I am going to have a Mac shoot one of these days.

8. jwp475

jwp475 Well-Known Member

I have a hard time believing my eyes, it is like looking through a high end spotting scope, the resolution is that good.

9. Boss Hoss

Boss Hoss Well-Known Member

USO and US Optics are a toss up---I have several of both.

10. phorwath

phorwath Well-Known Member

Boss Hoss,

You mean S&B and US Optics are equally good?

11. Boss Hoss

Boss Hoss Well-Known Member

Yes----I have done extensive optical observation for hour on end looking at the and I can’t remember what it is called but the Zeiss optical chart, targets, flowers in a field at different ranges to animals at during daylight and dark and it is a toss up. The scope being discussed here I do not have but I have a total of 4 S&B PMII’s 3 Zeniths and 4 USO scopes and they are all so close I cannot tell any difference optically to speak of. I do however prefer the 1/8 MOA adjustments of the USO’s tubes that I have. The specific scope that John has I would absolutely love to have on my 1K BR gun if it had 15 more power as it is absolutely World Class bar none!!!!!!!

12. newguru

newguru Active Member

Sweet scope! Way, way out of my budget though! Enjoy it.

13. Jon A

Jon A Well-Known Member

Sounds like you're set! That's a great reticle for LR. You're going to love shooting that thing. I'm jealous!