S&B marksman scopes....

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by Meister, Apr 14, 2006.

1. Meister

Meister Well-Known Member

Schmidt and Bender make their Police marksman II scopes in 5-25 power with 34mm maintubes. It has 100 MOA adjustment and all the bells and whistles I like. It's also $3000. Is there another high magnification scope with this kind of elevation range and optics quality? None of the other high dollar scopes I've seen in this magnification range come close.

2. James Jones

James Jones Well-Known Member

I think that the only other company that match the S&B is maybe U.S. Optics.
    Your gonna be hard pressed to find anybody whos glass will match S&B's from what I've looked through its the best out their. never got to do a head to head with a U.S.optics butI can't see it getting anybetter than the Germans.

3. James Jones

James Jones Well-Known Member

Oh yea , nightforce scopes make somthing in your class

4. jwp475

jwp475 Well-Known Member

Nightforce 5.5X22 has 100 moa vertical adjustment and 60 moa of windage ajustment

5. Meister

Meister Well-Known Member

I considered the nightforce. It's a fine scope. If the 32 power had 100 MOA it would be mine by now. Same with US optics.

My tactical rigs wear 16x Leupolds with 140 MOA adjustment and I find myself using all of it when I do my thing in South Dakota. Last year I was missing because I didn't have enough scope to see the darn Pdogs out at 1500-1600y. Another problem was the constant turning of the elevation adjustment, the nightforce has the same setup. Takes like 5 turns to get it all the way thru the elevation range. Easy to get lost.

Maybe I'm just too picky...
    Marksman Scopes

6. Pete Lincoln

Pete Lincoln Well-Known Member

Meister, your shopping at the wrong store.
    5-25x56PMII < $2600 at todays ex rate.
    Pete