RWS Rossler Titan 6?!

bbjaccov5

Hello,

I'm looking for a new rifle in lefthanded caliber 243. I like the tikka t3 verry much but i would rather have a heavy barrel.
Then i saw the titan 6 and i realy like this gun! Here in the Netherlands i don't know anyone who has one yet. (they al stick with the well known guns).

I have done allot of research and found out that most people like it very much however i did find some reviews that called this gun: "a piece of ****" and more disturbing names. Also the alluminium reciever would wear out in no time. And the bold could break the reciever if not being gentle with...

My question: Has anyone here a titan 3 or 6 and what do you think about it?

Thanks alot!

Gr Jacco

Never heard of them before. Had to look them up. Their distributor map could not produce a retailer in all of North America - so not readily available here in the US. With so many other quality rifles to choose from, I would be surprised if there are many owners here on LRH. That is probably why nobody has responded. Maybe you will get lucky here and we will both learn a little bit more.

A friend of mine owns a titan 6 in 9.3*62, it's accurate enough for a short range gun, about 1.5 moa with rws cineshot and norma oryx.
It was fun to shoot at the range, the recoil was light, about the same as my 7.5# .308, thus the titan should be a bit on the heavy side, I don't remember it to be in any way cumbersome though.
He killed a few dozen roedeer and boars with it and didn't had anything bad to say about it.
I won't be seeing him anytime soon, since he studies on the other side of germany, though.
For more specific questions I'd have to wait 'til the driven hunt season, when he'll be back north.

Thanks alot!

I have problems to choose between the tikka t3 and titan 6. From the titan I like the wood from the luxes model and the fact it can come with a heavy barrel. But here in holland it is also about 600 dollar more expensive than the tikka t3.

But the tikka t3 is pretty ugly wood and no heavy barrel wich should make shooting crows from the bipod over 250 yards harder since the gun is so light.

Difficult!

Gr Jacco

The Tikka Varmint has a heavy barrel.
If you don't like those cheap plastic stocks, Edi from PSE Composites makes pretty nice carbon fiber varmint stocks, check out the E-Tac too.
Here is a very nice example of a modified Tikka just posted today, here too, the latter from Edi himself.
For wooden stocks contact Gewehrschaftfertigung.

I'm hunting with a Heym SR21 currently, the next build will be a Tikka though.
It's a lot easier to modify, to get a long range rig.
Correct cheek weld and stable shooting positions are quite difficult to achieve with traditional hunting stocks imho.

Hello,

Thanks allot! I'll send the gewehrschaftvertigung a mail and see how much a wooden stock for a tikka t3 varmint action will cost. Im still leaning towards a titan but a nice wooden stock for the tikka would be nice to..

Gr Jacco

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.