RWS Brass

Jim Hundley

Has anybody had any experience using RWS brass?I have read that it is the most uniformed brass available.I currently use Lapua for my .300 Winny and like it.What are your thoughts on the RWS-vs-Lapua?
Thanks for any opinions.
Jimmy

I've used both and prefer Lapua. They're both very good, but I didn't like working with the RWS brass as much because it was quite a bit thicker. This reduced powder capacity a couple of grains from what I normally would use. Also, the primer pockets were the tightest I've ever encountered. Thought I was going to set the primers off trying to seat them.

I used some RWS 7x57 for a custom 7x57AI and it formed real nice and using some new to form for another caliber 6mm project again it's good brass. I have issues with Laupa brass except for the 220 russian case I think they are pretty hard I've used them in a 308,30x44,30x47 and 30IHMSA. On my tight neck 6.5x284 I never got any better groups using laupa over Norma or win 284 cases. I haven't tried any of RWS or Laupa mag cases.

I´ve used RWS and find them to be a little too hard to resize, also thicker and clearly have less internal volume.. therefore charges used on a norma or rem. case may easily be too much in a RWS.

I've used both & also prefer Lapua. A note for the guys using RWS, RP primers are a good fit, Fed. are way too tight.

[ QUOTE ]
I've used both & also prefer Lapua. A note for the guys using RWS, RP primers are a good fit, Fed. are way too tight.

[/ QUOTE ] This is one of the reasons I find the RWS brass to be outstanding. I will re cut the primer pockets to fit the primer I'm using to fit perfectly. This gives wonderful life to the cases. I've had as many as 17 stout firings in tight chambers shooting fitted necks. Is this for everybody? NO, Only for shooters looking for the last degree of accuracy form there rig. Done this way you can forget loading from the magazine as this method uses vary minimal neck tension. The run out or TIR is wonderfully low on RWS brass and this is the most important of all! It is never cheap brass, but then is this the place to save money? I leave it to you to make the choice! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sinclair Try this web-site. I bought mine from Whitail, but I don't believe he makes them any longer. That was Dick Wright who is active on Benchrest Central.com. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts